5 Delightful Playdates for Auntie's Day™
Written By Savvy Auntie Staff Writers
Hey nieces and nephews (and mommies), help celebrate Auntie's Day™ this year by taking your one-and-only Auntie out on one of these dream dates:
1. A Picnic for Two (or More!): It's summer, and an outdoor picnic is a perfect way to have some major fun in the sun. Don't forget to pack a picnic basket full of delicious treats like mac & cheese and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, or whatever else you know your GourmAuntie will love.
2. Trip to the Zoo: Perfect daytime fun for our Adventurer Aunties, celebrate Auntie's Day™ with a few extra furry friends. Make sure to let Auntie choose an exhibit or two of her choice, and don't forget to talk about all the natural wonders you're sure to witness!
3. Niece and Nephew Night In: Getting all dressed up for a night on the town isn't the only way to celebrate our Aunties (though it is a fun option!). Dust off your favorite board games, snacks, and playing cards, and get ready for a night of unforgettable QualAuntie time. Scrabble anyone?
4. Evening at the Museum: Research shows that taking nieces and nephews out to museums can be an extremely positive and impactful experience, but the even greater news is that Aunties love museums too!
5. Movie Magic: Take your Auntie to go see a movie of her choice, but don't argue if she insists on springing for the popcorn. A cozier alternative–rent her favorite classic DVDs. Auntie Mame (1958) is one of our favorites!
Published: June 20, 2011