Auntie’s Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
When it is cold outside and you have little visitors, there is no better activity than baking. Little ones can mash the bananas, measure the flour, and stir in the chocolate chips. This particular recipe has an added benefit, as it is high in omega three fatty acids; both from the flax seeds and the coconut oil, which is great for boosting your nieces and nephews immune systems. Fewer colds, more delicious visits with Auntie.
1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mashed bananas
2 teaspoons flax seeds
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup hot water
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease baking pan.
2. Combine oil and maple syrup; then add eggs and mix well.
3. Stir in mashed bananas, flax seeds, and vanilla; then stir in salt and flour.
4. Mix baking soda with water; then stir into banana mixture. Fold in chopped chips.
5. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes.
6. Let cool before slicing.
Published: January 22, 2013