Fancy Nancy Party Ideas!
The Fancy Nancy series of books by Jane O’Connor is one of the most beloved by little girls everywhere. Do you have a special afternoon with your niece(s) coming up? If so, find a little fancy inspiration here to enjoy some magic that is sure to delight your niece(s).
1. Ask your niece(s) to dress up as fancy as possible for your afternoon together.
2. Hold a fancy tea party. Tiny sandwiches with fancy toothpicks, petit fours, and parfaits are perfect choices.
3. Have your niece(s) bring something fancy to 'show & tell' you about during your fancy lunch.
4. In preparing for your fancy afternoon, create a fancy box of ribbons, bows, and whatever else you may have to pull out for your niece(s) to get fancy with or simply to play with.
5. Provide felt, foam and/or heavy card stock, sequins, yarn, glitter glue, and other craft materials to create a fancy hat.
6. Give your niece(s) a fancy mini-manicure and pedicure.
7. In keeping with the Posh Puppy book, make fancy dog collars with your craft materials.
8. Teach your niece(s) some French words to make them fancy. See what she can remember by having her point to the items as you say each French word.
9. Read the Fancy Nancy books together and think about ways that your niece(s) can add fancy to her everyday day! Be as creative as possible.
10. A token gift of glitter, bath confetti, feather pens with fancy notebooks and fancy candy jewelry would be a perfect memento from your afternoon together.
An afternoon of fancy delights with your niece(s) is sure to make memories that will last forever. Have a fancy good time together.
image credit: HarperCollins