Written By Savvy Auntie Staff Writers
There's nothing more cumbersome than the rainy day blues. But don't fret, Savvy Auntie has the perfect Aunti-dote for you: sheet forts!
What You'll Need:
-Plenty of old, clean sheets
-Three to four chairs
-Clothes lines & clothespins
-Books, snacks & board games
What to Do:
1. Clear out a convenient area of the house with your niece or nephew (living rooms or bedrooms with carpets work best).
2. Spread chairs out across the room, preferably in the shape of a square or triangle.
3. Tie clothes lines to the chairs, connecting them together and leaving a large surface area for the sheets to rest upon.
4. Drape sheets over the clothes lines and chairs, using clothespins to hold everything in place.
5. Throw pillows underneath the sheets, to line the fort floor.
6. Bring in games, books, snacks, and board games to play with your niece or nephew. Use flashlight if the inside of the fort is too dark.
7. Don't be afraid to improvise, building a fort together is half the fun!
Published: May 24, 2011