Written By Savvy Auntie Staff Writers
After you go pumpkin picking with your nieces and nephews, it's time to decorate them! Here are some fun ideas for pumpkin decorating:
1. Glue colored buttons in a random pattern, or create spooky shapes with beads, like ghosts and skulls.
2. Cut up unwanted CDs and hot glue the pieces to your pumpkin for a mini disco-ball effect. This is more suited to older pumpkin decorators.
4. Decoupage! Gather magazines and photos and have the little ones decoupage their pumpkins. Create pumpkin themes and have the kids cut out pictures to match the theme.
Your nieces will love to make their pumpkins sparkle and shine with fun and fancy glitter designs.
1. Spread a semi-thick layer of glue over the entire stem of your pumpkin, smoothing it out with your finger or a cotton swab.
2. Pour lots of glitter over it, covering the adhesive area. Shake excess onto a piece of paper for re-use
3. For additional effect, create "drips" by streaming some glue down
the sides of the pumkin and adding more glitter--or connect those drips
with curvy lines and draw a spider web with black glitter.
Nieces and Nephews can also make an animal pumpkin, a flower pumpkin or a decoupage pumpkin with pictures of themselves and their favorite Auntie! (That's you, by the way)