Honor Your Savvy Auntie Pride!
Written By Savvy Auntie Staff Writers
By: Emily Shwake
1. Flowers: As flowers signify love and warmth, it is one of the main symbols for Savvy Auntie. Buy yourself a bouquet or wear one on your shirt or in your hair to feel like the special Auntie you are today.
2. My Name Is Auntie: A fun way to celebrate is to have everyone you know call you Auntie for the day. Introduce yourself to everyone as Aunt _______.
3. Tell everyone: Write a blog post, post on Facebook or Tweet about what it means to you to be a Savvy Auntie. Don’t forget to use #AuntiesDay #SavvyAuntie. Here are some Auntie’s Day 2015 posters and eCards we designed just for you!
4. Share: Reach out to your personal Auntourage Aunties and share what you love about your special role—especially over brunch or cocktails!
5. Tell them: Tell your little nieces and nephews—and/or their parents—about Auntie’s Day. Tell them how much they mean to you.
6. Pamper yourself: Feel like a queen today and go out with your nieces or fellow aunts in your personal Auntourage for a day at the spa! Or turn yourhouse into a spa and do each other’s makeup. Bring some fancy dark chocolate to the party.
7. Have a picnic: We know how much fun this can be! Invite your nieces and nephews, your friends, and everyone that you care about so that they know how much being a Savvy Auntie means to you.
8. Thank your aunts! Call your Savvy Auntie(s) and let her/them know how much they mean to you! Or post about why an aunt who is no longer here influenced your Savvy Auntitude.
Published: July 22, 2015