What is Savvy Auntie?
SavvyAuntie.com is the supreme destination and community for Aunts. Aunties from all over the country – the world – gather here to exchange ideas, get advice, find gifts and connect with other Savvy Aunties. The site is free to join and we welcome all Aunties: Aunties by Relation (ABR), Aunties by Choice (ABC), Mommy Aunties, Great Aunts, Godmothers, and all women who love kids. While you can peruse a lot of the site without joining, we encourage you to join the Community to experience the site more fully and interact with other Savvy Aunties. Join here.
What Makes Savvy Auntie Unique?
SavvyAuntie.com is the first online social network and the original resource for Aunts online. There is a plethora of sites for parents, but this is the first for women who want to become the most savvy aunties they can be.That’s why we’ve developed a network just for you, where you can connect with other SavvyAunties and gain the knowledge and expertise you need:
* Profile: Your Profile page enables you to create a space where you can express your Auntie personality. It’s also where you can blog about life as an Auntie, keep track of your Savvy Groups and Savvy Forums, as well as your Gift Lists and Virtual Gifts. Plus, you can show-off your nieces and nephews. Coming soon - create a Scrapbook and display your Fridge Door!
* Savvy Blogs: Keep a blog about your life an Auntie, or just life in general
* Savvy Forums: Seek advice or share your thoughts with other Savvy Aunties on just about any topic.
* Savvy Groups: allow you to connect with Aunties within a specific interest group – like Aunties who like to knit, or Aunties of kids with special needs, Aunties in Oregon, etc.
* Aunthology: Add your stories to the collection of stories about Aunt-hood from various perspectives.
* Scrapbook: Create and decorate your own digital scrapbook to show your Savvy Auntie Friends and family and friends who are not members. (coming soon)
* Fridge Door: Invite your little nieces and nephews to create a project to post on your Fridge Door, just like at home! But this one can be shared online. (coming soon)
* Savvy Notes: Want to share big news with your Friends? Write a Savvy Note on your profile so they’ll be sure to see it!
* Find Gifts: With our Savvy Search filtering system, and a catalog full of hot gifts and unique ideas, you are sure to find the perfect presents.
* Dear Savvy Auntie: The Dear Savvy Auntie column let’s you ask for advice from our team of experts, anonymously if you choose.
* Get Savvy: Peruse our Expertise section to get savvy on all things kids-related.
* Auntiepedia: The best Savvy Aunties share their knowledge so other Aunties can learn! Create a new Savvy Auntiepedia Topic, add your take on a Topic, or Rate Topics already posted in the Auntiepedia.
*Activities: Find fun stuff you can do anywhere, even if you're a Long Distance Auntie, or discover things to do locally with goCityKids/PC Local.
* Search Savvy Aunties: Find and connect with other members and make Auntie Friends.
* Invite others to join: We recommend you invite your favorite Auntie friends to join the site to share their experiences with you.
* Have Fun! (no explanation necessary)
How Do I Make Friends?
Making friends on SavvyAuntie.com is easy. We encourage all Aunties to welcome each other into their list of Savvy Friends. Friends usually find each other through common interests, like Savvy Groups, Savvy Forums, Savvy Blogs and comments. You can also Search for Savvy Friends and invite new friends to join the site. Plus, you can peruse your current Friends list of friends for friends in common.
And since we feature some of the best Scrapbook (to come) and Blogs, and profile our Savvy Aunties, it won’t be hard to figure out who you want to connect with. If an Auntie does not agree to be your friend, don’t you worry. She obviously wasn’t so savvy ;-).
How Do I Get Started?
First things first – create your Profile. Then look for friends already members of SavvyAuntie or invite new friends to join. Join or start a Savvy Group or Savvy Forum. Then, import your photos and videos to you Media Box (on your Profile). From there you can begin to create your first Digital Scrapbook.
Or peruse the catalog for Gifts.
Or read the latest article in Expertise.
Or submit a question for Dear Savvy Auntie.
Or find an Activity for your next visit with the kids.
Or contribute to the Aunthology.
Or… well you get the picture, Auntie. Just dive right in! We’re waiting for you!